Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 28, 2014

DDP Yoga

So over the past weekend, my DDPYoga max pack came in.  I ordered it off the Chris Jericho promotion page because out of the podcasts that I listen to that promote the product, he actually uses it.  I'll post the nutrition guide below, it's by far the most important part of this thing in my opinion if your fighting obesity.  The workouts help but eating right is 90% of the battle.  First I'll go workout by work out on how I had to modify it.  I've now done the Diamond Dozen a few times and each time gets more intense than the previous as my muscles know more and more what to do and how to engage. 

Move #1 Ignition into Touchdown.  - I had to modify this by standing with the back of my leg propped against a recliner we have to stabilize myself.  After that I was able to do the move as normal.

Move #2 Diamond Cutter - This one I have to do 4 times... 2 times for the legs aspect of it, and then 2 times sitting down to do the lean back part of it.  Other then that I do fine. 

Move #3 Bar Back (Bent Leg and Straight Leg) - This one I can do as long as I have my legs against the chair for stability and my walker/wheelchair next to me (I almost fell on my face a few times from the lack of balance).

Move #4 Catcher into Thunderbolt - This is the one I can't do yet.  I can do the last part of it, but the Catcher part, not yet bub lol.

Move #5 Cobra into Down Dog - This has to be my favorite because I actually did it.  I got down on the floor and did Cobra, never even thought that was possible.  Then I have to down the Down Dog from my knees because I can't feel my feet to do it from them, or my toes from that matter. 

Move #6 Slow Burn Push-Ups - I didn't do this from the floor since I wanted to have my legs engaged, so what I had to do was use the arms of the chair and do the push-up down into the seat of the chair, more resistance and same results, yay!

Move #7 Table into Cat Stretch into Broken Table - This is also one of my favorites because I didn't think I could do it but I was able to do the broken table.  I didn't have to modify this one at all, just had to get down on all fours was the hard part.

Move #8 Supported Lunge into Space Shuttle - This one I could do to an extent... balance aside what I had to do was keep the walker next to me with one hand on it for stability.

Move #9 Road Warrior 1 & 2 - Again stability issues, had to use the walker next to me and luckily we have low ceilings so when I had to reach up for Road Warrior 1 I could use the ceiling for stability.

Move #10 Dynamic Resistance Cables DR Curles - This one I had to do from a seated position so I could focus on my arms and the DR there. 

Move #11 DR Rows - again I did this one sitting so I could focus on the arm movement and the DR.

Move #12 Punches - I did this one standing with the walker near me.  I love the overall feeling this workout gives you and when its done, you honestly don't feel like you are worn out or anything but the next morning you do feel like you got a work out in.

Move #13 Safety Zone - The first couple of times I didn't do this but the last time I did end up doing it and felt the stretch.

Nutrition - DDP Yoga is in 3 phases but I think the majority of us will stick in phase 1 and if you're interested in Phase 2 and 3, then order the guide, come on people I'm not gonna give you what I had to pay for for free!  In all phases you have Breakfast, a Mid-Morning Snack, a mid afternoon snack, and lunch and dinner.  I'll go over phase 1 with you and if I bump myself up to phase 2/3 then I'll share that too.

Breakfast-
Fruit: 1 serving
Vegetables: unlimited (this is across the board, eat the damn veggies!)
Complex Carbs: 1 Serving
Protein: 1 serving
Dairy: 1 serving
Healthy Fats: 1 serving

Mid morning snack -
1 serving fruit
OR
1/2 serving protein
OR
1 serving dairy
plus, you can have unlimited veggies!

Mid-Afternoon snack -
1/2 serving protein
OR
1 Serving Dairy
plus, you can have unlimited veggies!

Lunch or Dinner -
Unlimited Veggies
1 Serving of Complex Carbs
1 Serving of Protein
1 Serving of Dairy
1 serving of healthy fats.

So there it is in a nutshell, some of the more complex things to understand you'll probably need a program guide for.  but to give some ideas I'll post some of the foods listed in the guide for your convenience.

What I call common fruits -
Blackberries - 1 cup
Unlimited lemon, lime
1 orange
1 cup pineapple
1 cup raspberries
1 sour apple
1 cup strawberries
2 tangerines
freshly squeezed juice only of any of those - 4 oz.

1 regular apple
2 apricots
1 cup cherries
3 fresh figs
1 cup grapes
1 guava
2 kiwi
1 mango
1 nectarine
1/2 papaya
1 peach or pear
2 plums
1/2 pomegranate
1/2 banana
1 dates
1/8 cup raisins
1 cup of the following melons: cantaloupe, casaba, honeydew, watermelon

protein
eggs 2-3 of them
Fish 4-6 oz.
Poultry 4-6 oz.
Meat Lean cuts 4-6 oz.

Seafood 
Clams 4 oz.
Crab 3 oz.
Lobster 3 oz.
Mussels 4 oz.
Oysters 4 oz.
Scallops 3 oz.
Shrimp 3 oz.

Tofu 4-6 oz.
Whey protein 1/3 cup

Complex carbs:
Beans, brown rice, about 20 nuts, soy milk, quinoa, potato, whole grains, sweet potatoes etc.

Healthy fats are avacados, canola and olive oils, grape seed oils, and mayonnaise

Dairy is listed as butter, cheese, cottage cheese, milk, sour cream, yogurt etc.  in phase 2 and 3 it's goat or sheeps milk.

Seasonings: celtic sea salt ONLY, herbs fresh or dried, mustard without sugar and natural sweeteners like agave and xylitol you can unlimited of. 

That's about it for the nutrition.  Let me know if you have any questions about DDP Yoga, I feel it's going to change my life and may do so for yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment