Total Pageviews

Friday, April 24, 2015

4/24/15 Recovery Update - Hiking Poles


 Hey everyone. 


Sorry it's been a while, I haven't died, I've been re-inventing myself; again.  Part of that reinvention was changing my eating habits, which will always be hard, but gets easier every day.  I'm here to tell you that you can do it too.  If you're fighting being overweight, AND YOU WANT TO CHANGE.  You Have to Want it!  I can't make you want to change, nobody can but you and if you TRULY want it bad enough, you'll do what you have to do.  Remember this simple formula, forget all the diet fabs and what not, just remember this.
  • Protein + Carbs = Muscle Gain
  • Protein + Fats = Maintenance
  • Protein + Veggies = WEIGHT LOSS!!!!! 
Are you serious about getting that extra weight off, and I don't want anyone to think this is only for obese people, the average joe and jane out there that's trying to lose 5 lbs can remember this too.  Do you like bell peppers, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and things like that, guess what, eat all you want of VEGETABLES.  Let's be real though, if you're trying to deep fry something or wrap it in bacon, you're not going anywhere.  I'm not at my ideal weight yet, and even when I get there I may have new goals, but that's fine.  I like the feeling after pushing myself.  Half of my battle is overcoming paralysis on top of the obesity so I have to modify almost everything I do.  So let's talk about that now shall we.

Just this week I have started trying these bad boys!  

http://www.amazon.com/Cascade-Mountain-Carbon-Fiber-Trekking/dp/B007E0ZBZI  

It's been a whole different beast walking around in those as it's roughly 95+% my legs doing the work while I just use the poles for stability.  I've been tracking my steps through my phone and the Health app.  I'm not where I want to be, but I can see progress daily and the light is at the end of the tunnel.  I'm still doing my
Are you?

Join me on TEAMDDPYOGA.COM, track your progress, overcome what's ailing you.  I apologize to anyone who may have something they truly can not come back from, but that doesn't mean their life is over.  If you have a severed spine, or a worse spinal injury than I do, I understand, but that doesn't mean you should accept giving up.  God has kept me, you, and everyone that has been injured here for a reason, our story isn't over, our mission is not complete, and while our directive may seem classified, it's not.  There are people out there without injuries who are worse off than we are, people with addictions, bad homes, abusive parents/spouses, that simply need to hear our story of determination, perseverance, and never giving up.  SMILE, you still have a purpose, you just gotta find what it is.  Life is too short to sit back and beat yourself up over.   Own your life, this is your story, rewrite it.  Don't forget that there's other people going through similar stuff in their life, either it be obesity, anorexia, depression, guilt, sorrow, pain, heartbreak, irrecoverable damages, etc., YOU ARE NOT ALONE.  Life is precious, take advantage of it.  

See you all in my next post, and next time, have a friend read it too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment